31 January 2011

Journal Fodder Junkies

Well, my first Visual Journaling class has come to a close.
I still have quite a bit of catching up to do, as far as documenting the last few weeks of class, which included a guest speaker and some collaborative projects.

Since, however, I haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd give you a resource full of allllll sorts of inspiration. Including a YouTube channel that has tutorials and techniques that you can try.

The website is the Journal Fodder Junkies' blog, and the wealth of info is great-- from links to old posts to that YouTube channel to their book.

Eric and Dave are educators, and you can tell that from the depth of information and the way their approach to visual journaling is explained. I bought their book over the summer, and read it easily from cover to cover. I felt that this book by men would be influential to the young men that were enrolled in my class, and their beginning explanation of "What IS a Visual Journal" and "Who Keeps a Visual Journal" was a great way to spark a conversation and begin my class.

So I encourage you to visit their website, blog, links and to look for their book, all fabulous resources for visual learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment